Brazoria Drainage District No. 4
Brazoria Drainage District No. 4 was created by Brazoria County Commissioners Court on June 28, 1910 and on May 22, 1929, was made a Conservation and Reclamation District by Special Bill No. 25 of the Texas State Legislature. The District is governed by a 3 member elected Board of Commissioners.
- 1. develops sound fiscal procedures to protect taxpayers monies
- 2. designs near-term and long-term goals and objectives
- 3. established rules and regulations for drainage development
- 4. schedules labor force and equipment to meet maximum efficiencies and use thereof
Took his current position in office in 2005 and serves as Chairman. Served as Commissioner and Chairman of the Board 1995-2002 Represents BDD4 on Clear Creek Steering Committee, Corps of Engineers Clear Creek Project, Dickinson Bayou Watershed. Promoted Community Service Program - 1997. President Pearland Rotary 2005-2006, Past President Rotary Club 1995-1996, President Fast Break Club Boys Basketball Booster Club and a Member St. Helen Catholic Church.
Elected to serve as Commissioner in 2005 and currently serves as Board Secretary. Pearland's fourth mayor, serving from 1965 - 1972. Originator and founder of the City Charter, Zoning/Land Use, City Library. Preserved the Historical Santa Fe RR Depot, Charter Member/Chairman/Founder of first Drug Abuse Program, (Standby) Regional (Galveston County / Brazoria County Mental Health/Mental Retardation Center), Pearland Civil Service, Brazoria County M.U.D. #2 and #3, Brazoria Drainage District #4 1994 - 1996.
Harrison Rogers began his term as board member in 2011. He also serves on the Brookside Village ordinance committee. Previously he was a city council member, and served as the Brookside Village representative on the Clear Creek Watershed Steering Committee. He is a retired engineer from Schlumberger Technology Corp and worked 40 years in oilfield services.